Job Position: Non-Apprenticeship Position
Salary: $22 - $25 per hour
- Education & Qualifications:
- ● Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture or Agronomy or Plant Pathology; Master's Degree is an asset;
- ● Minimum 3 years experience in scouting, crop protection and research;
- ● Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience;
- ● Must be team and goal oriented;
- ● Must be able to work in a fast paced, multilingual and multicultural environment ;
- ● Must have strong communication skills, strong organizational skills accompanied with attention to detail;
- ● Must be willing to have a certified pesticide applicator license within one year of hire date;
- ● Fluent in spoken and written English; Spanish is an asset;
- Work Conditions:
- ● Be prepared to work additional hours as required;
- ● Employees provide own rain gear, work gloves and steel-toed footwear (per OHS 8.2);
- ● Agree to follow and demonstrate the company's core values;
- ● Work in adverse weather conditions and be physically able to meet demands such as standing for long periods of time, repetitive bending, twisting and pulling;
- ● We are a smoke free workplace.
- Must have Drivers license
- Must have own vehicle
- No Transit Availability
As the IPM Specialist, you provide support to growers with pest and disease identification and control (including biocontrols) and assist the Crop Protection Manager with all nursery certification duties.
Reporting to an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
● Scouting for and ID pests and diseases. Assist with incoming and outgoing plant inspections. Use the internal software to record all IPM tasks (scouting, spraying, biocontrols).
● Assisting other growers and pest scouts with identification of pests and diseases using microscopes and other available materials.
● Evaluating effectiveness of pest and diseases control methods.
● Participate in various certification programs, including manual revision and auditing.
● Coordinating with growers to maintain preventative sanitation procedures for propagation and growing facilities.
● Evaluating weed control status and control methods around the nursery.
● Ensuring all spraying equipment is maintained (with help from the maintenance team) and in good operating condition
● Maintaining diagnostic lab and storage facilities for equipment, pesticides bio-controls so they are clean, organized and safe
● Maintaining accurate pesticide inventory and ensure out of date and products are disposed of properly.
● 34825 Hallert Road, Abbotsford, BC V3G 1R3
● 4262 Wright St, Abbotsford, BC V2S 7Y8
● a positive and dynamic work environment;
● a competitive salary of $22 - $25 per hour, based on qualifications and experience;
● a company benefit package including extended health and dental coverage;
● a company profit share program;
● additional benefits available after 3 years + continuous employment.