Job Position: Both Apprenticeship & Non-Apprenticeship Positions
Salary: $18 - $25+ Depending on experience.
- Full spectrum, well known, commercial and residential landscape Company has openings for experienced hardscape installation workers.
- $18 - $25+ Depending on experience. Paid weekly. Wage will be adjusted to reflect, work ethic, skills and abilities after on the job working evaluation.
- Do not apply for this job if you,
- - Can't do manual tasks with basic hand and power tools (Shovels, hammers, tape measure, quick cut off saws, chain saws,
- plate tampers, wheelbarrows, skills saws, jackhammers drills, etc.)
- - Are looking for easy work
- - Can't cope with working outdoors in various conditions including heat, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Please apply to this job if you,
- - Like to take pride in the work you do
- - Want a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day
- - Have a high level of fitness
- - Passion for well built detailed practices and want to advance your career
- We offer a friendly and welcoming environment. Weekly pay. Extended benefits are offered after 90 day probation period.
- International workers with work VISAS are welcome.
- Job Summary:
- The function of the Landscape worker is to assist foreman and lead hands in the timely completion of landscaping installation projects.
- • 1 - 3+ years' experience in the landscape installation, construction industry
- • Experience with the operation of heavy equipment (Skidsteer, excavator etc)
- • Must be personable (We are a diverse group of people)
- • Valid driver's license (Experience driving trucks F 250's, trailers, dump truck) **This is required for advancement**
- • Steel toe work boots, Rain gear
- • Reliable form of communication (phone/text/email)
- • Ability to work responsibly both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- • Speak, read, and write English
- • Ability to follow safe working procedures
- Assets but not required:
- • Fall protection certification
- • First Aid level one
- • Ability to read plans/blueprints
- • Completion of college, vocational, or technical training
- • Plant knowledge and identification, and experience in plant care
- • Managerial or Leadership skills
- Drivers License Preferred
- Transit Availability
• Construct retaining walls, interlocking brick driveways, decks, fences, ornamental water features
• Plant trees, shrubs, flowers
• Place and spread topsoil and other required materials
• Lay sod; grading (soil); and tree staking
• Utilise, gas powered equipment, power tools, hand tools and other necessary equipment to complete job tasks
• Move and transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, dollies and manual lifting
• Perform other manual duties as needed and maintain a clean work site
• Follow verbal directions from foreman/lead hand
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times as required
• Comply with all company policies and regulations
• Communicate with co-workers customers in a polite and courteous manner
Year round work
Health and dental benefits after 90 days
Learn from the most experienced professionals in the industry
Preference will be given to those with the most knowledge, and applicable experience but we are willing to train the right people.