Job Position: Non-Apprenticeship Position
- Diploma or equivalent in Horticulture or Agriculture is an asset.
- IPM experience in horticulture and Agricultural pesticide applicator certificate required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- A team player who is also a self starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Employee provides own rain gear & steel toed footwear and gloves when necessary.
- Work in all weather conditions and being physically able to meet demands including standing for extended periods, repetitive bending, twisting and pulling.
- Extra hours may be required during the busy spring shipping period to accomplish pest free objectives.
- Must have Drivers license
- Must have own vehicle
The IPM Pesticide Applicator applies herbicides and pesticides appropriate to crop type and pest problem throughout the year at all sites on the nursery. Follow Standard Practices manual and Worksafe regulations including communicating spray schedule with staff and placement of warning signs. When not spraying, scouting, maintaining spray equipment and other nursery worker duties as needed will be required.
Maintenance of observation and spray records and product inventory.
Assisting with purchasing plant protection products and chemicals.
Saturday or evening work may be required to allow application to occur for the safety of other nursery employees.
Other nursery worker duties include potting, irrigation, fertilizing, pruning, weeding, spacing, winterizing, grading, clean up, labeling and shipping when not busy with IPM tasks.
Pitt Meadows, B.C.
Compensation: Subject to experience and education with Group Benefits available after 3 months.
Hours of work: Full-time Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Start Date: Immediate