Job Position: Non-Apprenticeship Position
- •Post-secondary degree/diploma in Agriculture, Horticulture or related scientific field and/or 3+ years of greenhouse/farming experience;
- •Experience with supplementary lighting, plant nutrition and climate control systems;
- •Experience assisting with plant pathology research and product development;
- •Class 5 Drivers License;
- •First Aid Level C; and
- •Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- •Pesticide Applicators License;
- •Experience in greenhouse construction, including trade experience;
- •Experience operating farm machinery;
- •Ability to use microscope, pipette and other biological measurement tools;
- •Strong mechanical skills (i.e. water pumps, air compressors, plumbing, motors and electrical systems);
- •Ability to work independently and follow daily monitoring tasks assigned from various researchers; and
- •Passion for sustainable food systems and interest in upcoming plant imaging technologies.
- QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- •Strong interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills;
- •Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills and techniques;
- •Flexibility to work in accordance with the needs of experiments being performed;
- •Ability to work with a high regard for safety and cleanliness standards; and
- •Demonstrated ability in problem solving and working in a dynamic environment.
- WHO WE ARE
- We are an award-winning Vancouver, Canada-based sustainable agriculture cleantech company using green chemistry, machine learning and AI technologies to develop and optimize safer, more effective plant-based replacements to toxic chemical pesticides and synthetic fertilizers.
- WHY US?
- Our goals are big, hairy and audacious. We’re striving to reduce the use of toxic chemical pesticides by 80%, help increase global food production by 20% and positively impact a billion people by 2028. Our unique and proprietary technologies enable us to increase the efficacy of active ingredients such as neem oil by delivering them into target cells, which results in revolutionary, high-performance plant-based products for conventional and organic agriculture use.
- Our Company is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
- While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE
- •Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Drivers License Preferred
We are currently hiring a Greenhouse Technician to lead the day-to-day maintenance of our research greenhouse facility, located in Downtown Vancouver. Comprised of automated rolling benches and other innovative technologies, our greenhouse enables our Research and Development team to conduct numerous experiments that test the efficacy of our plant-based products on important food crops. The ideal candidate will have a background in Agriculture, Horticulture or related field and proven greenhouse or farming experience.
To lead the day-to-day maintenance of our innovative greenhouse facility (located in Downtown Vancouver) that is dedicated to making new discoveries in the field of bioscience. This includes plant transplanting and monitoring, sourcing materials and operating growth equipment. You will work closely with our research scientists, building contractors, automation engineers and horticulture supply companies.
•Support the day-to-day maintenance of the greenhouse facility;
•Assist in conducting greenhouse trials and growth chamber experiments;
•Cultivate plants and ensure optimal and consistent growth;
•Collect biological and climatic data for greenhouse and growth chamber trials;
•Recognize and respond to plant diseases and pests, including daily integrated pest management duties;
•Mix and apply fertilizers/nutrients as required;
•Operate an agricultural sprayer;
•Ensure all equipment and machinery are in top operating condition;
•Clean greenhouse and growing equipment on a daily basis;
•Adjust Priva climate control parameters as needed; and
•Adjust automation software for experimental design and data management.