Job Position: Both Apprenticeship & Non-Apprenticeship Positions
Salary: $30 - $35hr
- Completion of a either a Carpentry, Horticulture, Irrigation or Masonry Diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of three years of related and proven experience
- Hold a valid driver’s license for at least 5 years, hold a clean driver’s abstract
- Working knowledge of best practices and procedures in landscaping construction
- Training and coaching of employees and completion of employee evaluations
- Supervise and mentor construction crews, creating a worksite environment that promotes efficiency, productivity and high performance
- Exhibit and promote best practices in safety, including but not limited to: truck operation, power equipment, power tools, ladders and PPE practices
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of Construction Division, ensuring power tools are in good working order, trucks are fueled, and crews have necessary materials and tools for tasks
- Plan and develop daily, weekly, monthly tasks for the Construction Division to ensure optimal performance - including the use of estimating tools and time, materials and labour necessary to complete tasks
- Liaison and support clients and contractors onsite, ensuring their expectations are exceeded
- Able to read, layout plans and work from landscape design plans
- Excavator, skid steer and loader operating experience an asset
- Punctual, reliable, detail orientated, personable and able to lift 80 lbs.
- Must have Drivers license
• Able to read, layout plans and work from landscape design plans
• Plan and develop daily, weekly tasks to ensure optimal performance – including the use of estimating tools and time, materials and labour necessary to complete tasks
• Soil work, including moving materials in an efficient manner, grading and prepping areas for plants and lawn
• Planting small trees, shrubs and hedge material and laying sod
• Masonry skills for building retaining walls, paving areas and landscape structures
• Installing irrigation, drainage and outdoor lighting systems
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume with your application. We thank all those that apply, however, only candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted for further consideration.
Our company nurtures employee talent, promotes from within, offers competitive compensation, and an inclusive health benefits package. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.