The Get Youth Working! Program, funded through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement, offers employers a $2,800 hiring incentive (up to 3 employees at $2,800 each) to hire eligible youth 15 – 29 years of age. Additionally, employers may request up to $1,000 to purchase traning for the newly hired youth.
- In operation for at least one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ youth for a minimum of 3 months
- Must employ youth for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Employers will not qualify if employee is hired prior to signing a Get Youth Working! Funding Agreement.
- Unemployed, 15 – 29 years of age
- Not currently receiving or eligible for EI and have not received EI in the past 36 months or 60 months for a parental claim
- Not a full-time students, enroled in high school or returning to school
- Not a participant in another LMA-funded program
- Resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada