The purpose of Red Seal Trades is; “to acquire standardization of provincial and territorial training and certification. The program also assists skilled workers at the journeyperson level to work and move to different locates throughout Canada.”
- The Government of Canada – Human Resources Services Development Canada (HRSDC) approved the Landscape Horticulture Trade as a Red Seal trade in the fall of 2008. This was the 50th trade in the 50th year of Red Seal examinations.
- Any apprentice who started their Landscape Horticulture Apprenticeship in 2009 is eligible for the Red Seal grants. Click here for more information.
- All provincial industry representatives have come together to develop the National Occupation Standards, Interprovincial Apprentice Handbook, and the Interprovincial exam.
- The next step is to have the Red Seal exam available in late 2010 or early 2011.
- Check back here as details from the government agency become available.
- For further information please see the Red Seal website: http://www.red-seal.ca